Welcome to Salsa
Want to make sure your iPad is set up for optimal use with Salsa? Of course you do, you beautiful little jalapeno popper.
The settings you’ll adjust to optimize your iPad for Salsa are in the iPad’s Settings app. Convenient, right? Launch Settings and let’s do this thing.
Step 1: Disable auto brightness
- In Settings in the left sidebar, tap on General and then select Accessibility in the right pane.
- Tap on Display Accommodations.
- Toggle the switch for Auto Brightness to the left - you want to turn it off.
Step 2: Change brightness to 100%
- In the left sidebar, tap on Display & Brightness to access the slider.
- Drag the Brightness slider all the way to the right. Sunglasses are optional.
Step 3: Disable True Tone, Night Shift, and Auto-Lock
- Under the Brightness slider, toggle the True Tone switch off.
- Tap on Night Shift, located below True Tone.
- Toggle the Scheduled switch to off.
- Tap Display & Brightness at the top left of the pane to go back.
- Tap on Auto-Lock, and then tap on Never to disable it.
Security / Privacy Settings
Step 1: Enable Find Your iPad
- Log into your Apple iCloud account. Hope you remember your password! If not, we’ll wait while you dig it up.
- Welcome back. Tap on your iCloud account, located at the top of the left sidebar.
- Tap on iCloud in the right pane.
- Tap on Find My iPad.
- Toggle Find My iPad to the right to turn it on. Breathe easy knowing you’ll always be able to find the Precious. You’re Lord of the iPad.
- Turn on Send Last Location.
Step 2: Enable Do Not Disturb
- Tap on Do Not Disturb in the left sidebar.
- In the right pane, toggle Do Not Disturb to on
- Under Silence, tap Always.
- Tap on Allow Calls From and set it to No One. If no one is perfect, and you’re set to no one… you do the math.
Step 3: Create a Passcode
- Tap on Touch ID & Passcode in the left sidebar.
- In the right pane, tap on Turn Passcode On.
- Choose a memorable six-digit passcode. No, 1-2-3-4-5-6 is not a good idea. 1-1-1-1-1-1 is also probably a bad call.
- Type the passcode in again to confirm it. Write it down, don’t forget it. If you do, the pain will be worse than that time you forgot your mom’s birthday.
You can exit out of the Settings app like the boss you are.
Set up the Salsa app
You will need to sign into your App Store account.
- Launch the App Store and search for Salsa Booth.
- Tap on the app’s icon to go to the Salsa app’s details screen.
- In the Salsa Booth app screen, tap on Get and then Install.
- Exit the App Store. Find the Salsa Booth icon on your home screen and tap it to launch it.
- Create an account for the Salsa Booth app [How To Create Your Salsa Account] if you haven’t already, and sign in.
Enable Guided Access
Guided Access is a feature built into iOS that locks down access to the rest of the iPad. That means nosy Aunt Karen can’t exit the Salsa app during your event and go through your stuff.
- Launch Settings and tap on General in the left sidebar.
- Scroll to the bottom of the right pane and tap on Guided Access.
- Turn Guided Access on.
- Tap on Passcode Settings. Tap on Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Type in a 6-digit passcode. This is a unique passcode that will only be used for the Guided Access feature! Repeat the passcode to confirm.
- Enable Mirror Display Auto-Lock setting
Pro tip: If you haven’t started writing down/keeping track of all the different passcodes, we suggest starting now.
How to Turn On Guided Access
Before every event, launch the Salsa Booth app. Triple-click your Sleep/Wake button to turn Guided Access on.
On the 2nd generation iPad Pro you’ll need to triple-click the home button.
Turn Off Guided Access
After your event, triple-click on the Sleep/Wake button (or Home) and enter your Guided Access passcode to turn Guided Access off.
Set up Automatic Updates
Step 1: Disable Automatic Software Updates
- In the Settings app, tap on General in the left sidebar and then tap on Software Update.
- Tap on Automatic Updates, and then toggle Automatic Updates to Off.
Step 2: Enable Automatic App Updates
- In the left sidebar, tap on iTunes & App Store.
- Under Automatic Downloads, toggle Updates to On.
Shut down your iPad
Your iPad is good to go for your next event, and you can feel free to shut it down.
To shut it down, launch Settings, then tap on General. Scroll to the bottom of the left pane and tap on Shut Down.
You did it! We encourage Salsa dancing, or dancing with your Salsa, as an expression of celebration.